Saturday, January 22, 2011

Penis Cake

One summer when I was home from college, I stumbled into the kitchen around the crack of noon and I found my Mom making a penis cake. That's right: a cake shaped like a penis.

My sister, Heather, was attending a bachelorette party, and her job was to bring the penis cake. Who does she go to for help? Mom. If you had a crazy and zany task and don't know what to do, Mom was your go-to gal.

So, if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to bring a penis cake to a party, here's Mom's tried and true recipe:

Step 1: Gather your ingredients. Cake mix - white or chocolate (personal preference, I guess - HEY-O!), frosting, red food coloring, and some coconut snowballs. Yes, that's right.




Step 2: Bake your cake according to the directions. Let it cool. And then you need to draw out your penis shape on the cake. Ask a guy-friend for help. They'll love to offer up some advice.




Step 3: Cut sections of cake around your penis cake and carefully remove them. Sample the cake to make sure it tastes ok.




Step 4: Remove the penis from the cake pan and put it on a foil-covered cutting board. Then, you can give the penis a little rest while you work on the balls.




Step 5: This is where my memory gets a little fuzzy (or hairy). I thought that Mom put the coconut balls in the oven on broil to "toast" the coconut shaving to make them look more like hair. My results looked less like hair, and more like some horrible ball-disease. Yikes!




Step 6: So, you can totally skip the ball broiling, I think. Next move onto the frosting. Add just a small amount of red food coloring to give your frosting that flesh tone. Adjust your colors to your personal preference.




Step 7: Frost your penis. Place your balls on top.




And there you have it. A cake shaped like a penis. Mom taught me so many great things.

1 comment:

MollieJoy said...

Awesome. Just awesome.